I was musing about the content of a DMin class I just took this past week and thinking about Jesus and primary commands for leaders. What would be the top three commands for disciple/leaders that Jesus gave?
It is amazing how a simple questions like that can reveal so much. Three commands immediately jumped to my mind.
- “Follow Me and I will make you to become fishers of men.” (Mt. 4:19)
- “Love one another” (Jn. 15:12-17)
- “Feed my sheep.” (Jn. 21:15-19)
- Training men and women to follow Jesus’ pattern of fishing for men.
- Training men and women to love one another.
- Training men and women to shepherd (guide, nurture and develop) the flock for which they care.