We are always seeking to improve our process of making disciples. It is the task of the church so it makes sense that we would want to do it well so that the Savior receives all the glory and honor and worship that He deserves. But there are other reasons to do this well.
Reasons to Do Discipleship Well
Since we are stewards of the gospel and ambassadors to the world for the Kingdom of God we want to do spiritual formation and discipleship well. We want these things to happen as a result of our love for Him and His people.
- His glory.
- The care of His flock.
- The protection of His flock.
- The maturing of His flock.
- That the world would have a clear witness.
- That the church would be free of scandal.
- That the Kingdom of God would be expressed on the earth.
- That the people of God would develop a yearning for the Kingdom.
There are probably many more reasons but that is why this question is important.