Sunday Afternoon Musings
But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. Once you were not a people, but now you are God’s people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
Mesmerized by the wonder of the gospel and glories of being possessed by God as his servant.
- We were in darkness. Now we are called into his marvelous light.
- We didn’t belong to God. Now we do.
- We were not God’s people. Now we are.
- We once were under the wrath of God. Now we aren’t.
- We had no mercy. Now we have received mercy.
Notice the reason for which our God has done this: . . . that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you . . .
Let’s be found faithful to our calling.
What a privilege it is to be a slave to God.