“I told you that you would die in your sins,
for unless you believe that I am He you will die in your sins.”
According to Jesus, no one can be saved if he does not believe in the divinity of Jeuss. Therefore, the doctrine of the incarnation is critical to God’s saving acts.
Some Simple Conclusions:
- Make arguments for the deity of Christ a key part of your new believer follow up.
- Train all your people to both know and articulate the doctrine of the deity of Christ.
- Don’t expect lasting results from evangelistic efforts that don’t make the deity of Christ clear.
Resources to Help:
- Jesus: God, Ghost, or Guru, John Buell
- Evidence that Demands a Verdict, Josh McDowell
- More than a Carpenter, Josh McDowell
- Cur Deus Homo, Anselm
- The Prodigal God, Tim Keller
- The Word Made Flesh, John Piper
- On the Incarnation, Athanasius