I have been working on a new book for over a year now, though it builds on years of research, study and devotion. For many years, I have read the Bible through at least once a year. Sometimes I would read just to read the whole narrative story of God’s redemptive plan. Other years I would read with some special projects in mind.
- One year to learn about parenting.
- Another year to learn about mission.
- Another year reading as much as I could out loud.
- Still another year, to learn about leadership.
- Reading in a different translation for a year.
- Probably, my favorite project was to catalog every name, term, and metaphor that was used for God.
All of these projects were designed to not only answer questions I had but to SLOW MY READING DOWN. Fundamentally, I believe we read too fast. (This from a guy who once took the Evelyn Wood Speed Reading Class!) We read too fast and we don’t think deeply enough about what we are reading. O the things you see when you stare intently at one thing! And O the things I have seen.
- Like over 130 names, terms or metaphors for God in the book of Isaiah
- Like multiple new arguments against the pernicious heresy of the Jehovah’s Witnesses
- Like new pathways to understanding the majesty of God
- Like new ways to invigorate prayer and worship
- Like new passion for revival that the nations would know the magnificent God we worship.
- Like new zeal for discipleship fueled by a new vision of God’s greatness
It’s a large book (8.5 x 11)
It’s a long book (just over 200 pages)
It’s a book that uses color in creative ways to cut down words by provide more information with a color code.
It’s an expensive book (probably about $25, due to the size, pages, and color)
And it should be available in about two months.