“There is no more dangerous place to raise children in the world than the United States.”
—-Marco Silva, paraphrasing John Piper
and interpreting Jesus
Content Strategist at DesiringGod.com
September 3, 2017
I completely agree.
Is it because . . .
- we lead the world in school shootings, or
- because our health care system is crumbling, or
- because our public discourse is filled with incivility and disrespect, or
- because we are surrounded by riches and tempted to trust them rather than the Giver of gifts, or
- because affluence deadens our desire for heaven.
- all of the above but especially #5. …….
13 “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few. (Matthew 7:13-14)
but the worries of the world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the desires for other things enter in and choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful (Mark 4:19)
The seed which fell among the thorns, these are the ones who have heard, and as they go on their way they are choked with worries and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to maturity. (Luke 8:14)
For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul? (Mark 8:36)
For the whole article, click on the link below and read it slowly.
Think hard about the dangers of living in America.
Think hard about the dangers of raising children in America.