Tuesday is for Thinking
I could elaborate on each of these and maybe I will some day but for now, this is suggestive of why all of us should read broadly if we want to make a difference for Christ and His Kingdom.
- I read because I am not smart and other people are.
- I read because I don’t know and other people do.
- I read because I’m curious and it is part of being human.
- I read because people hurt and I want to learn how to help.
- I read because there is pleasure in knowing new things.
- I read because the world is complex and I want to understand it better.
- I read because some things sound good until you examine them more closely to find their flaws.
- I read because readers are leaders and leaders are readers.
Grab a book.
Grab a kindle reader.
Download a kindle app to your laptop.
Begin to saturate your soul with more than your own thoughts and by all means, make sure that the word of the Living God is the preeminent book you read so that you begin to be conformed to the image of Christ and learn to live passionately for and like Jesus, the author and perfector of your faith (Hebrews 12:2).