Yet another reason to dust off your copy of THE COST OF DISCIPLESHIP and read it again. Bonhoeffer continues to be relevant.
I think as the culture both overtly and subtly puts more and more pressure on Christians to conform to its lower moral code …
- Nominal Christians even in Bible teaching churches will grow more uncomfortable to faithful preaching of God’s word.
- The culture will accelerate their shaming of Christians for their “outdated moral code” and “traditional interpretations of Scripture.”
- Faithful preachers will defend the word and the priority of the word, and refuse to bend to the spirit of the age.
- The shallowness of many Christians faith and real understanding of the gospel, the Bible, the nature of God will all be revealed.
- Nominal Christians will continue to leave and join other flocks and teachers who tickle their ears with a fluffy stories and false doctrine that fits the spirit of the age.
But God will vindicate His church.
Meanwhile, let’s love the world better than we ever have; let’s proclaim with greater boldness; let’s sacrifice for the very people who despise us; let’s live passionately for and like Christ.