Wednesday is for Prayer
129 Your testimonies are wonderful;
therefore my soul keeps them.
130 The unfolding of your words gives
it imparts understanding to the
131 I open my mouth and pant,
because I long for
_ your commandments.
132 Turn to me and be gracious to me,
as is your way with those who love
_ your name.
133 Keep steady my steps according to your promise,
and let no iniquity get dominion over me.
134 Redeem me from man’s oppression,
that I may keep your precepts.
135 Make your face shine upon your servant,
and teach me your statutes.
136 My eyes shed streams of tears,
because people do not keep your law.
Eight Things to Pray for New Disciples in a Church Plant
- That they would know the wonder of the word of God and delight in obedience. (vs. 129)
- That they would move from simple truths to the unfolding light of God’s word. (vs. 130)
- That they would pant for more of God’s will every day. (vs. 131)
- That God would be gracious to them as they stand for His name with other believers. (vs. 132)
- That God would keep them steady in the truth and free from enslavement to sin. (vs. 133)
- That others plans against them would not keep them from obedience to God’s word. (vs. 134)
- That God would be their teacher and make them shine with new light for the world. (vs. 135)
- That their passion for the lost would be inflamed with compassion. (vs. 136)