Monday is for Discussion
Grabbed this from Facebook Saturday afternoon. Bill Easum (Writer and President of 21st Century Strategies) was speaking Thursday in Baltimore when he mentioned that there are only four things that grow a church and that he had never seen a church doing these four things that wasn’t growing. Quoting Bill (slightly reformatted to make it easier to follow):
“In fact, I challenged them to put those four things in place and if they didnt grow I would give them $10,000.
About that time someone raised their hand and asked, What are the four things.” So I proceeded to share the four things that grow a church.
- You must constantly invite people to Christ and/or your church.
- You must have a system in place to connect with them and cause them to return again and again.
- You must disciple them into followers of Jesus.
- You must send them back out into the community to [be] back yard missionaries.
Rick Warren: “This book is a winner.”
Dave Ferguson: “A tremendous help for church leaders”
- Without disagreeing with Bill’s four suggestions, can we trust growth that can be guaranteed?
- What would you add to Bill’s list and why?
- Is there something you would subtract?