Wednesday is for Prayer
Oh how I want every one who knows me to read this post by Jonathan Parnell and to listen to this four minute video by John Piper. Here’s just a few reasons.
- Last year, I published a book titled, Picking a President: Or any other elected official and I don’t want it to divert me from my primary task of training church planters and teaching the word of God.
- It is too easy to do good things for good reasons without the power of the Spirit.
- I don’t want to be dragged into every political debate that my friends are having with their neighbors, friends and relatives. Let’s not confuse political parties with the gospel.
- It is foolish to think that we will change the world by political activism.
- I want to mobilize people to pray for revival and sometimes political activism gets in the way of real spiritual substance.
Here’s the link to a VERY important post and video.
Finally, Would you pray that the book which is at the printers today would have a powerful impact on helping people to be wise and discerning about their responsibility to vote and to live for Christ in the world.
Similar: The Heresy of Nationalism (John Armstrong)
Marty Schoenleber, Jr. is the founding pastor of one church, the interim pastor of another and the church planting trainer/mentor of over 200 other church planting pastors. He is adjunct professor of Church Planting at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, and has taught Preaching at the International School of Theology, and Evangelism at Moody Graduate School of Theology. He is also the Director of the Saint John’s Pastoral Center, a pastoral care and retreat center located in a growing number of Bed and Breakfast houses across the mid-west. His latest book is Picking a President: Or Any Other Elected Official (CrossBooks, [late June 2012]). Marty also serves as Church Planting Missionary Consultant for the Great Lakes District of the Evangelical Free Church of America. To enjoy a free subscription to his blog, log-on to www.chosenrebel.wordpress.com, where you can post your comments, view past blogs in our archive and read the latest reflections on church planting, Biblical Expositions and musings about church, culture and spiritual formation. Follow Pastor Marty on twitter @1Chosenrebel4JC.