Tuesday is for Preaching
The New Year is a good time to begin new plans for systematic reading of the Scripture. In the past I have written about the 5-5-5 plan recommended by one of my spiritual mentors, Dr. Bill Iverson). Aside: Bill is now 83 and is planting yet another new church! (Read about it here and follow the link.) For 37 years I have tried to read the Bible thru each year and can vouch for the untold benefit of the process.
For example, Here’s a couple to experiment with:
- Isaiah and Matthew,
- Isaiah and Luke,
- Leviticus and Hebrews,
- Proverbs and James,
- Daniel and Revelation,
- Exodus and Acts
- Deuteronomy and 1 and 2 Samuel
- Deuteronomy 27-28 and 1 and 2 Samuel (in particular)
- 1 and 2 Kings and 1 and 2 Chronicles
- The five books of Moses and the five books within Psalms
- Grouping prophets from similar time periods
- 2 Kings and 2 Chronicles and the 12 minor prophets
- Try reading the synoptics together
- Reading Luke/Acts straight through or in a compressed amount of time.
- Galatians and 1 and 2 Thessalonians as Paul’s early letters
- Read John, 1, 2, 3, John and Revelation.
Open my eyes, that I may behold