These twelve things, are more important than whatever your pastor preaches from week to week and whatever music is used from week to week. If these results are happening in your church, stop complaining about EVERYTHING else and rejoice in what God is doing in your midst. If they aren’t happening, pray for your leadership and for yourselves that you could uncover the reasons why these things are not happening in your church body. Repent of them and move on in the grace of Christ.
- Are you growing more in love with Jesus? (Deut. 6:5, 10:12; Psalm 42 and 63; Matt. 22:37; John 14:21-24)
- Are you growing in love for one another? (John 13:34-35; 1 John 3:14, 4:20)
- Are you growing in love for your neighbor? (Matt. 5:43-47, 19:19; Luke 10:30-37; Rom. 13:9-10)
- Are you learning how to defend your faith with grace and humility? (Acts 17:2, 17, 18:4, 9, 19:8-9; 1 Peter 3:15)
- Are you learning how to study the Bible for yourself? (Deut. 17:18-20; Ezra 7:10; John 5:39; 2 Tim. 2:15)
- Are you growing in your desire for holiness and in your actual holiness? (Matt. 5:48; 2 Cor. 7:1; 1 Thess. 3:13; Heb. 12:10)
- Is your heart developing a thirst for His righteousness and His Kingdom? (Matt. 6:33; Psalm 51; Rev. 22:17)
- Is your heart developing a “heart-ache” for the salvation of others? (Psalm 119:136; Rom. 9:1-3; 1 Cor. 9:22)
- Is your longing for justice and righteousness to fill the earth becoming more and more real? (Psalm 10:8; Ezekiel 45:9; Jer. 5:1, 22:15; Micah 6:8)
- Is your church training you to multiply your life as a discipler of others for the glory of His name? (Matt. 28:16-20; 1 Tim. 5:1-2; 2 Tim. 1:13, 2:1-7; Titus 2:2-5)
- Is your church doing everything to preserve the unity of the Church in the bond of peace? (Psalm 133:1; Eph. 4:1-3, 13; 1 Peter 3:8)
- Is your passion for prayer and conversation with God growing and deepening and producing new prayer patterns in your life? (Psalm 42:1, 84:10; Acts 2: 42; Eph. 6:18; Col. 3:17; 1 Thess. 5:17)
And, to make it a baker’s dozen, . . .
- And are all of these things happening in your heart and life in such a way that a deep humility is beginning to saturate your thoughts about yourself and others? (Prov. 15:33; Eph. 4:1-2; Phil. 2:1-8; Col. 3;12; 1 Peter 5:5)