Came Across This Quote: and didn’t like it
“Some of our Sunday morning separation is not wrong; it’s just a matter of cultural preferences similar to the variety on our radio dial. People like certain genres of music. It’s not often you will find country, blues, jazz, hip hop and rock music all on the same station. Variety is a good thing.”
(Quote Source: Jeff Krall at http://onelordonebody.com/2013/08/28/i-have-a-dream-too/#!)
I get that, but . . .
- When congregations are ethnically separated and mono-cultural by intention . . .
- When congregations are ethnically segregated because historically, the church has been gutless with regard to confronting racism, . . .
- When congregations are deliberately unfriendly to particular ethnicities . . .
- When congregations refuse to see populations that are near because they are ethnically different . . .
- When congregations refuse to companion with churches that are ethnically different because they are ethnically different . . .
- When congregations don’t plan to take the gospel to some neighborhoods because they are ethnically different . . .
then Christ is not honored, and
the gospel is compromised, and
then racism gets a foothold, and
an opportunity is missed to display the beauty of Christ, and
the wickedness of man is allowed to hinder the work of the gospel, and
shame comes to the Church because sin is being left unconfronted.