Monday is for Discussion
Mark 2:1–3 (ESV)
2 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were gathered together, so that there was no more room, not even at the door. And he was preaching the word to them. 3 And they came, bringing to him a paralytic carried by four men.
Some simple observations:
- Jesus had a place known as “home” in Capernaum.
- People knew where it was.
- Jesus welcomed people into that place even to the point of the house having no more room.
- In His home, Jesus was preaching the word to his guests.
- And He was healing those who came who had need.
This house, was most likely Peter’s house in Capernaum that Jesus and the disciples used as a base of operations for the Galilean area.
- If we are followers of Jesus, why don’t we use our homes more like He used this one?
- If we are followers of Jesus, is there anyone in our community that knows they can come to our home at any time and hear the word of God like those in Capernaum knew they could go to Jesus?