Monday is for Discussion
First thing about this question: It’s the wrong question. Here’s a better one, “How can we make more disciples of Jesus?”
That said, once you have given some serious thought and prayer to that question, these might be some of the things you could begin to consider.
- Don’t worry about marketing and advertising.
- Be the church; don’t try to “portray the church.”
- Train everyone to proclaim the gospel clearly. Train them to talk to friends, neighbors and family.
- Get your people working life on life in applying the Scripture.
- Ask of your service: Are we doing anything that has nothing to do with the gospel and makes unbelievers and seekers of truth uncomfortable? Stop doing those things.
- Are we doing anything that makes unbelievers and seekers of truth feel comfortable and does not involve a compromise of the gospel? Keep doing that.
- Get more ‘knees on the ground” for the spiritual battle of reaching your community. A praying church is usually a growing church.
- Missionally, get the church on task in loving and serving their community.
- Consider partnering with another church in the community to reach the community. God blesses unity in the Church.
- Remove any spiritual impediments to growth starting with the sins of pride, disunity and unbelief in leadership.
- Remove structural impediments to growth (google Ed Stetzer on the topic.)
More could be said, but that’s all I have time for now.