Friday is for Heart Songs
During a typical month in these United States, we have various times when we are out in public, sitting, and waiting.
- the doctor’s office
- the dentist office
- the Jiffy Lube waiting room
- the car-dealer’s service waiting room
- the “getting new tires” waiting room
- the benches of Walmart™ waiting for a prescription to be filled
- the annual parent-teacher wait
- the “board meeting isn’t ready to start” wait
You get the idea.
Pull out your Bible, preferably an actual Bible rather than a Bible on your smart phone (too inconspicuous), and read it publicly. This is not a “practicing your righteousness before men” idea. This is an experiment in what happens kind of idea. Maybe like, my friend Mike Berk who was reading Ephesians in the waiting room of a tire store, a conversation will start because of fellow-waiter’s interest in what has your attention. It happened to Mike. It happened to me on an airplane twice.
Maybe you will get the opportunity to start a conversation about Jesus. Maybe a man or woman will be rescued from the a life without God because you simply were reading your Bible in public.