My son has left the house for the last time. Tonight he sleeps in a new apartment, paid for by him and will likely never sleep in this home again. His room is empty, our hearts are full, and our eyes leak tears. We are proud of him. He marches on with life as young man walking with God, and in 7 days, his bride (the lovely Anna). They honor God, their families, and each other with their lives.
So tonight our house is emptier and our hearts are heavier and yet we are excited about their future.
Isn’t it interesting how joy and sorrow can exist simultaneously in the same heart-space? Not really in the mood to write. But maybe you can join me in prayer for two who are about to become one with dreams and passions for one another and God and their impact on the world.
- Pray that they would be satisfied in God and so bring Him who is their treasure, great glory.
- Pray that they would establish healthy patterns of communication.
- Pray that they would be mightily used in their apartment complex to win many to Christ.
- Pray that their jobs would hold steady and provide all they need for the next stage of life.
- Praise God for a young love under the Lordship of Christ.