- Intensely local ministry means getting our hands dirty in the intensity of our neighbor’s lives, the sin, the crises, the joys and the sorrows.
- Intensely local ministry means we are not content to do ministry at arm’s length. We take the high-risk path of regular contact with neighbors.
- Intensely local ministry means we know not only our neighbor’s names but their hopes, their sorrows, their fears and their needs.
- Intensely local ministry means we do ministry with people with whom we have relationship rather than advertise ministry to people with whom we have no relationship.
- Intensely local ministry means we work at making real contact with real people in our neighborhoods rather than hope and pray for them only.
- Intensely local ministry means we care for our neighbors and their irritating habits rather than complain about them.
We’re excited about fleshing out this philosophy of ministry in our neighborhood and with friends of the blog around the world.